July 20, 2010

Lost in the Dark...until now.

Greetings,

I don't know how many people even recall my incoherent ramblings of poker games past.

Nonetheless, here I am, ready to move forward with what I should consider as a steady hobby.

Over the last few months I have spent my time "off and on" playing at Full Tilt. In my own assessment, I feel I have played better than I have in years gone by, with one exception: I still make the occasional donkey call.

The donkey call is something that I do for one simple reason: make the person prove the value of their hand. About 2/3 of the time, I pay the consequences for calling the best hand, but when I do catch someone bluffing or catch them with a marginal hand, it does two things (in my opinion): (1) it sends the message that I will call a big bet, and (2) it shows other poker players what kind of person they are dealing with.

Quite often, shortly after I 'out' a player as a bluffer or as a marginal player, they normally are busted by someone else. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, it does give me a small sense of satisfaction.

That's all for now, I will be doing bigger and better daily updates now that all of my issues are behind me and I can concentrate on enjoying my poker game.

No comments:

Post a Comment