December 20, 2011

Beer Review: Harpoon Grateful Harvest Cranberry Ale



Greetings.

Today's beer review is Harpoon Grateful Harvest Cranberry Ale.

I obtained this beer as a single 12 ounce bottle from Total Wine & More as part of a mix your own six-pack.  Truly one of the best ideas ever.

The beer itself starts out impressive: it pours a nice dark amber/copper color with a little bit of a tan head.

Aroma is surprising.  I was expecting to get a lot of cranberry nose in this beer, but it was all rather muted, just a little bit of malt and the cranberry seems non existent.

Taste is fruity with some malt notes and then a little bit of cranberry sneaks in on the end of it.  Aftertaste is from the malt lingering on your taste buds.

Overall, this is a nice beer, but I am a little disappointed it.  I thought this beer would be refreshing, instead it was just another fruit beer with nothing that makes it stand out from the rest.  I rate this beer a 3.0 out of a possible 5.  Disagree?  Say so in the comments.

Tomorrow's beer: the long overdue review of Sweetwater Festive Ale.  I attempted to acquire this last year, but struck out.  I finally have it, and I'll post the review for it here tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment