December 28, 2011

Overdue Beer Review #2: Samuel Adams Black & Brew

Greetings again.

 

















I'm back after a short break to taste and review the second of my overdue beer reviews: Samuel Adams Black and Brew.

This was also included in Samuel Adams' Winter Classics 12 pack.

Review:  12 ounce single bottle from the Samuel Adams Winter Classics 12 pack.  The beer pours a nice coffee brown color with a thin, dark tan head.  Aroma is all coffee, it reminds me of when you empty the coffee grinds out of a coffee pot.  


Taste is all coffee as well, nothing but coffee.  Aftertaste is all coffee as well.


The beer is decent, but it is hard to separate the beer from the overwhelming coffee taste and aroma that goes with it.  There is no noticeable taste of the malt, hops or any other flavors.  The coffee is overpowering.

I rate this beer at 3.4 out of 5 stars.  It is decent, and I do like it, but there is room for improvement.

Tomorrow's review will be one of my remaining brews for the holiday season, Anderson Valley's Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale.

Don't forget to scroll down to see review #1 for Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock, it was AWESOME.


Thanks for reading, I'll see you tomorrow!!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment