December 18, 2010

My 2nd Christmas Beer Photo Essay - The Beer Changed

Greetings.

I did manage to acquire a noteworthy beer for my 2nd Christmas beer review.  However, it wasn't the Sweetwater beer that I came home with.

I went to my "go to" place for beer and when they did not have the previously mentioned beer available, I went for a beer that I had previously seen there that is an annual treat:  Anchor Brewing Co.'s "Our Special Ale".  


Therefore, with our further delay, here is my review of the beer, as well as the accompanying photo essay:


12 ounce single bottle acquired from Total Wine & More in Huntersville, North Carolina.  The beer pours as a dark ruby/copper brown color with a nice creamy tan head.  The aroma is very rich with spicy notes and a touch of malt.  The taste is also very spicy and also grabs the malt notes as well.  Aftertaste is a bit of spice and a bit of malt.  Nothing bitter.  A very drinkable beer, but a bit too rich for more than a couple 'servings'.  


Rating 3 1/2 Snowmen out of 5.


Enjoy the photo essay, I'll be back with more tomorrow!

1 comment: